To Our Valued Customers,
During these trying times for our nation and individual communities, we want to let you know Select Express & Logistics is fully operational and taking all necessary precautions in light of the COVID-19 outbreak. We are 100% focused on awareness, prevention, containment and recovery, and will continue to provide our customers with the services on which you rely.
Of primary concern is the health and welfare of our employees, contractors, our customers, and the communities we serve. Based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) we are taking the following measures to ensure that we have as safe a work environment as possible. We will continue to monitor CDC updates daily and make any necessary adjustments to our Business Continuity Plan.
- RAISING AWARENESS – Our Human Resources department has communicated regularly with our employees in all of our locations across the U.S. – advising them of CDC recommendations regarding washing of hands, and other methods of avoiding contamination. In addition, email blasts are being sent continually to our Independent Contractor's and agent delivery personnel in the field to ensure full awareness and that personnel are taking all precautionary measures to protect themselves and others.
- SERVICE COVERAGE – We will continue to add resources as there is potential that absenteeism may increase in the coming weeks. Our recruiting efforts will continue without interruption.
- SUPPLIES AVAILABLE FOR DRIVERS & TECHNICIANS – Booties and Latex gloves are available for drivers to pick up at Select Express facilities and cross-docks throughout the Country. Contractors and Agents are being advised on the importance and necessity of using these supplies, and where they can be found.
- ADDITIONAL CLEANING - Increased frequency and more rigorous cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces has begun at all of our facilities. All facilities have been supplied with increased number of wipes, hand sanitizers and other cleaning materials, and are readily available to employees and field personnel.
- RESTRICTING TRAVEL - Air Travel has been prohibited for all employees unless absolutely essential and approved by Senior Management.
- WORKING REMOTELY – All employees whose work can be done off-site are being provided with laptops to work remotely.
- ON-SITE EMPLOYEES – Employees that don't feel well, or exhibit any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (excessive coughing, running nose) have been directed to stay home.
- LIMITED EMPLOYEE INTERACTION – "Social distancing" is the new norm. Hugging and handshakes are prohibited and directed employees to "elbow bump" instead.
- RESTRICTING NON-PERSONNEL ACCESS – All new applicants have been directed to apply via email or phone. Scheduled interviews are limited to final stages of boarding process. Food and package deliveries are now prohibited into any Select Express facility.
We will continue to monitor all developments so that we can quickly adapt, and continue to provide you with the World Class Service you deserve. This is a difficult time for all, and we are deeply committed to the safety of our teams, our customers and our community. We are confident that these measures will promote those objectives, and that soon enough, life will return to a more normal state.
As always, your support and confidence in our organization is sincerely appreciated.
Select Express & Logistics